About Dobson Gifts and General Hardware

 

A brief history…

Dobson Hardware was founded in 1945 by W.R. (Bill) Dobson. The first location was on the corner of Poinsett and Main in downtown Greer where that building still stands and serves as a law office. The building was originally a grocery store owned by A.G. Howell. Bill purchased the old grocery fixtures along with the remainder of the groceries in order to occupy the building. A few years later, more space was needed so the building next door, which is now Gerard’s Restaurant, was purchased. In 1963, the business moved to 127 W. Poinsett about a block away. In 1986, a second location opened on Wade Hampton Blvd. between Greer and Taylors, SC. This is the present location.

 

Today…

After the influx of big box retailers moving in next door and across the street, the business has evolved into a local Greer gift store and still continues the hardware aspect on a smaller scale. Come in today for a wonderful assortment of personal gifts from Pandora Jewelry, Crocs footwear, Rainbow sandals, Webkinz toys, South Carolina gifts and so much more. We’re continuing our 60+ year tradition of local, friendly shopping and service.